- Does summer at independence offer a lunch program? **2018 INFO AVAILABLE NOW**
- When is the last day to register for a particular camp?
- What does my child need to bring?
- When and where do I drop off my child?
- Where does my child go swimming and when?
- I have some questions about what my child needs for his or her sports camp. Who do I contact?
- Non-Independence campers: In addition to a copy of my child’s current immunizations and a TB risk assessment form, what other medical documents are needed?
- What payment methods are accepted? What is the payment policy?
- Who do I contact if I want to tour Independence for a prospective student?
We do have a lunch program for the 2018 season.On Tuesdays and Thursdays, various menu options will be available from Café Napoli at a cost of $6 apiece (cash only, please). The order forms can be found here:
- Menu for weeks of June 18-22, July 2-6, July 16-20, July 30-Aug. 3 and Aug. 13-17
- Menu for weeks of June 25-29, July 9-13, July 23-27 and Aug. 6-10
On Fridays, pizza will be available for $1.50 per slice. We also have white milk and ice cream available for $0.50 every day during lunchtime. For pizza, white milk and ice cream orders, please send cash in an envelope with your child’s name to give to his or her camp counselor. Payment for the whole week is appreciated.
For those campers choosing to pack a lunch from home, please be aware that we do not offer refrigeration or microwaves. We suggest ice packs and thermoses for cold or hot items.
Campers in morning or afternoon camps will need a healthy snack and a water bottle. Full-day campers will need to pack healthy snacks, a lunch and a water bottle. Early Childhood campers (age 3-Kindergarten) will need a bathing suit and towel each day. Early Childhood campers staying the full day will also need a rest mat.
All campers are to be dropped off and picked up at the SUMMER CAMP entrance. There are blue signs on campus to direct you to this entrance. Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the start time of the camp.
We use a curbside drop-off and pick-up procedure for 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Registered campers will receive instructions and a map via email.
Our Early Childhood campers stay on campus and will use splash pools on the playground to cool off. There are plenty of pool toys to play with, too. They will do this every day (weather permitting). Recreational swimming for campers in grades 1-8 will be off-site at Oakwood Valley Swim Club (4909 Kirkwood Highway) on Friday mornings. Campers will need a bathing suit and towel on this day. Also, these campers will play water games on Friday afternoons.
Please apply sunscreen in the morning before dropping off your campers. If you send in sunscreen labeled with your child’s name, staff will help reapply or remind older campers to reapply after swimming and before outdoor afternoon activities. We also recommend campers bring hats and sunglasses for outside activities.
Please email the coach of the respective sport(s) by clicking on his or her name:Mr. Mike August
- Boys’ Basketball
- Flag Football
- Girls’ Lacrosse
- Sports and Games
- Boys’ Lacrosse
- Co-ed Rookie Lacrosse
- Girls’ Basketball
- Field Hockey
Your online application will give us all the necessary contact and medical information, including the TB Risk Assessment form, which must be completed prior to your child attending camp. If your child has any medical problems, you may need to complete some additional forms and have them signed by your physician. Those forms follow below:
- Asthma Management Plan
- Parental Request for Dispensing Controlled Substances
- Parental Request for Dispensing Medications
- Severe Allergy Management Plan
Payment can be made by check or cash. At this time, we do not accept credit card payments.
You may pay the full amount at the completion of your registration by following the instructions provided, or wait to be billed through the mail. Registrations received before June 1, 2018, require a deposit of 50% of the camp balance. After June 1, 2018, the full balance is due. A full refund will be offered for camps canceled prior to June 1, 2018, less a $20 cancelation fee. After June 1, 2018, there is a 50% refund for cancelations with one full week's notice. Refunds are not given for late withdrawals or absences.
To schedule an appointment for a personal tour, please call the Admission Office at 302-239-0332 or email Donna Sentman, Admission Coordinator. We also host Information Sessions during the year and offer other opportunities for you to visit our school.